Please check this page frequently for announcements and updates regarding COVID-19.
If you have concerns about exposure to COVID-19, call the NM Department of Health Hotline at 1-885-600-3453.
For the latest information and resources on COVID-19 visit:
March 16, 2020--11:30 am
Questions / Answers from the SA+P Dean
1. George Pearl Hall will remain open on spring break hours with your lobo card (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday and will be closed at night, Saturdays and Sundays).
2. During this extended Spring Break, classes held on campus will not meet. However, faculty conducting on-line classes that were set up prior to the break can continue to meet on-line at their discretion. Students please check with your instructors.
3. If approved by their supervisor, Student Employees and Graduate Project Assistants can continue to work through the extended Spring Break period. This can include work from home and standby positions. Student Employees and Graduate Project Assistants should coordinate timesheet submission with their supervisor, department administrator or Accountant 1, Nora Akram, firstname.lastname@example.org ; Nora will continue to send timesheet deadlines; timesheet submission will be accepted via email.
4. The Computer/Print Lab and the Fabrication Lab plan to be open during the extended Spring Break period as previously announced, unless staffing availability changes – please check your email on a daily basis for updates:
The Computer Lab will be Open to Students M-F 8AM to 5PM. Closed evenings and weekends.
The Fab Lab will be Open to Students M-F from 9am-3pm for Laser Use Only / Weekends: Closed.
5. Both labs will have additional sanitation procedures. PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS JUST BEFORE ENTERING EITHER LAB.
6. Faculty are being asked to spend the additional two weeks reworking their courses to reduce face-to-face contact for the remainder of the term but some courses may continue to use Pearl Hall in April and May. This may come in different forms appropriate to each class.
7. Advising has moved online.
8. Most other administrative activities are moving online.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation during these challenging times. Please be safe and check in on each other.
UNM extends student spring break until April 5
Due to COVID-19, students will be on an extended Spring Break through April 5, 2020. More details on how this will impact faculty and staff will be forthcoming. Please continue checking unm.edu/coronavirus/ for the most up-to-date information.
Canceled Events relating to the School of Architecture and Planning:
The University prioritizes the health and safety of students, staff, and faculty. In accordance with federal, state, and University-based guidelines (view UNM's announcements here), the following events and trips have been canceled or postponed.
ACSA Conference and Meeting in San Diego
CELA (Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture) annual conference
2020 Spring Lecture Series
Thomas Nideroest and Sourav Biswas: Sasaki Associates
2020 Spring Lecture Series
|UNM + Mexico Open House||April 5-7||Canceled|