Please check this page frequently for announcements and updates regarding COVID-19.
If you have concerns about exposure to COVID-19, call the NM Department of Health Hotline at 1-855-600-3453.
For the latest information and resources on COVID-19 visit:
George Pearl Hall Updates
Welcome to the Fall 2020 semester at the School of Architecture and Planning! Below is some important information. We will update this announcement as needed throughout the semester.
- All faculty, staff, and students are required to become familiar with the Bringing Back the Pack protocols mandated by UNM President Stokes: https://bringbackthepack.unm.edu
- For UNM Coronavirus information go to: https://www.unm.edu/coronavirus/
- All faculty, staff, student employees, graduate assistants, project assistants, and research assistants are required to complete the 4 mandatory on-line trainings including the Bringing Back the Pack training; these trainings should be completed by the end of the first week of the semester: Go to MyUNM, then Learning Central, then look for mandatory training; also see https://hr.unm.edu/unm-mandatory-training
- The School is offering face to face, face to face and remote scheduled, face to face and remote arranged, remote scheduled, remote arranged, and online max classes; course instructors will inform students where the first week of classes will meet – students must check emails daily.
- The School’s Building and Safety Committee will send a survey to all students to gather information regarding need for study space and computer/printing needs; we hope to receive a response from every student regardless of need.
- All occupants of Pearl Hall must wear a mask.
- All occupants of Pearl Hall must comply with 6 feet social distancing protocols.
- Disinfectant wipes, gloves and extra masks are stocked in each classroom; students and faculty are required to wipe down their seating areas after each class.
- Students in studio areas are required to wipe down their studio desk at least 2 times per day.
- Faculty are required to wipe down their office door handles and seating area after each use.
- Students will have swipe access to Pearl Hall on a limited and/or appointment basis (more details to follow).
- Faculty and Staff have 24/7 swipe access to Pearl Hall.
- Fabrication Lab is available by appointment only: contact Kirsten Angerbauer: email@example.com
- Computer/Print Lab is available by appointment only: contact Sergio de la Cruz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other staff of the School of Architecture and Planning are working remotely throughout the Fall 2020 semester.
• For Emergencies dial 911
• For Non-Emergencies and to report suspicious activity dial 277-2241
• For Escort Service dial 277-2241
To report building maintenance issues, email Lisa Stewart, Academic Operations Officer, email@example.com; for urgent maintenance issues after 5:00 PM call UNM Police Non-Emergency #277-2241