Please check this page frequently for announcements and updates regarding COVID-19.
If you have concerns about exposure to COVID-19, call the NM Department of Health Hotline at 1-885-600-3453.
For the latest information and resources on COVID-19 visit:
May 8, 2020
Updates on SAAP Building hours:
The building will remain open to spring-term students 10 to 4 on weekdays until May 30th.
On June 1st, building access will be open to summer-term students. All SAP classes will be on-line.
Faculty and staff card swipe keys should work at all times.
April 30, 2020
An update from the Dean's Office:
Final reviews will be held during the first week of May, and we encourage the public to check in on our social media and website for updates on the scheduled critiques. Several critiques will be held virtually with options for the public to observe.
While we will not be holding an in-person commencement ceremony this spring, the SA+P media team is hard at work on creating a celebratory video for our graduates. The video will be available on May 16 across our social media and website.
The School donated our supply of N95 masks, protective eyeglasses, and dust masks to the UNM Hospital. Faculty members have been printing and sewing masks. We have loaned a few laptops we had available to students who needed them to continue their studies, and assisted students with other needs via the SA+P Dean’s Fund. If you know of potential jobs for our students please send me an email and I can send the information along
April 6, 2020
Updates from the SA+P Dean:
1. The building will be open to SA+P students with swipe cards 10-4 M-F. These hours are subject to change.
2. Students are not required to remove their materials from studio until the end of the term. However, we do encourage you to do so in case we must shut the building down. We will leave all materials on the desks until near the end of the term.
3. We are working on a schedule for the computer lab to be open for a few drop-in hours and by pre-arranged times with faculty. The schedule will be sent soon.
4. Starting April 7th the Fab Lab will be open on a pre-appointment basis. The schedule will be sent soon.
5. The Faculty Senate has made changes to grading policy to make it easier to change to credit/no credit. There are many details to this so please speak with your faculty members and advisor. If you have other issues with the change to on-line, please discuss them with your instructors and advisor.
6. We are working on a virtual commencement event and will let those of you graduating know as it comes together.
Canceled Events relating to the School of Architecture and Planning:
The University prioritizes the health and safety of students, staff, and faculty. In accordance with federal, state, and University-based guidelines (view UNM's announcements here), the following events and trips have been canceled or postponed.
ACSA Conference and Meeting in San Diego
CELA (Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture) annual conference
2020 Spring Lecture Series
Thomas Nideroest and Sourav Biswas: Sasaki Associates
2020 Spring Lecture Series
|UNM + Mexico Open House||April 5-7||Canceled|
|Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremony||May 16|
In-person Commencement canceled per UNM policy. Updates on postponement and/or virtual activities to come.