Landscape Architecture Admissions
Application Deadline: February 15
Our online application will allow you to upload all your necessary documents for application to the program of your interest. Within the application, make sure to click the Application Instructions to see program specific requirements.
- The University of New Mexico on-line application.
- A $70 application fee payable on-line. Please make sure to keep your reference number for fee payment.
- A letter of intent outlining the applicant’s interest in the discipline of landscape architecture and the reasons for seeking admission to the program
- Letters of reference from three individuals under whom the applicant has worked and/or studied. Two of the letters shall normally be from teachers or academic advisors who can comment on the applicant’s prior undergraduate and/or graduate performance;
- A resume (curriculum vitae)
- A portfolio of creative work. The portfolio should provide high quality examples of creative thinking and creative approaches in no larger than an 11x17 format. Applicants are encouraged to think about the design and presentation of the portfolio. Please do not include original works in the portfolio submission, rather submit copies, prints or images of original works at an effective quality to communicate appropriate detail. Please note:
Both Analog and Digital portfolio submissions are accepted. All applicants to the two-year post-professional MLA program must submit a portfolio.
- A copy of transcripts for each institution you have attended.
International Students also need to submit the following:
- An attested copy of your diploma
- Official TOEFL scores that must meet the University of New Mexico minimum of 79 on the IBT TOEFL.
Please submit application materials and questions to:
Attn: Beth Rowe, Graduate Advisor
505 277 1303